Thursday, June 29, 2006

Two Days Away

Two days away before the official launch of SpecMusicMuse, so I'm going to give the full list of what will appear in July. But first, a little about why I'm starting this project (other than hope of financial gain, of course). A few weeks ago I received an email from a man who, being of elderly age, asked me for information regarding a writer's group. And by doing so, he blessed me with the epiphany that you're never too old to pursue your dreams.

He found me through my promotional website, on which I also have a Writer's Resource page, and had already gotten most of the books I suggested in my reply email, by seeing them listed on my webpage. And so, he blessed me with yet another epiphany: even an "unkown" like me can have a positive impact on the lives of others.

Suffice it to say, upon such realization, I nearly broke into tears (but let's keep the tears part between us, shall we). I don't want such feelings to end.

I have a passion for music surpassed only by my passion for fiction writing. So I had entertained the idea of combining the two passions in some way. After encountering a musician on another blog, and discovering we shared similar tastes in fiction, the idea for SpecMusicMuse started to form in my mind.

Through this blog, I have a means of helping others by giving them one more place to get their name out, to promote themselves and their art. To have it open for independent musicians and bands as well as writers of "small press" publications. To introduce writers to inspiring music, and to introduce musicians to inspiring stories.

In short, I get to help others out and keep that feeling going.

And, if I happen to make a little money here and there, that's just icing on the cake.

Well, enough with all that mushy stuff. Here's the full list of what's coming this July along with the dates:

Saturday, July 1st: "Scott's Rant Box - How Peter S. Beagle is Getting Ripped Off and What We Can Do About it."

Sunday, July 2nd: Review of Lacuna Coil's new CD, Karmacode.

Sunday, July 9th: Interview with Eclypsis.

Sunday, July 16th: Review of E. Sedia's novel According to Crow.
Sunday, July 23rd: Interview with E. Sedia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home